604 8th Street South
|YWCA Lethbridge and District
YWCA Lethbridge & District is a member of “Imagine Canada”, a national charitable organization which “exists to work alongside other charitable sector organizations…to ensure that charities continue to play a pivotal role in building, enriching and defining our nation.” (Imagine Canada website)
Imagine Canada’s Standards Program awards accreditation to Canadian charities and nonprofits that demonstrate excellence in five areas of operations: Board governance, financial accountability and transparency, fundraising, staff management and volunteer involvement. YWCA Lethbridge & District has been awarded this accreditation and is one of only 175 charities/nonprofits in Canada to be accredited.
To learn more about Imagine Canada, go to www.imaginecanada.ca
YWCA Lethbridge and District is an organization committed to women and the enhancement of their lives by providing programs and services which empower them, support equality and promote wellness in mind, body, and spirit.
To be a community leader committed to collaborative partnerships in provision of accessible prevention, intervention and support programs and services for the enhancement of women's lives.
Our Values are the fundamental principles and beliefs that provide the foundation for the organization. They provide guidance on how to make decisions, how to view customers and how to treat staff.
- A Woman's Perspective: Women must be leaders in shaping social and cultural directions in order to achieve equity and equality for all women.
- Difference and Diversity: In order to achieve social and other forms of justice, we must embrace difference and diversity among people.
- Community Mindedness: Healthy communities, free from violence, racism and other abuses of power, nurture the whole person. Individuals committed to equity advance the growth of healthy communities.
- Global Interdependance: The worldwide struggle for equity and equality connects all women.
- The Whole Person: Strength, wisdom and character come from the balanced development of the whole person in mind, body and spirit.
- Volunteers: Volunteers are the heart of the YWCA.
- Accountability: As individuals associated with this organization, we are accountable for the conduct of the organization.